Project Cornerstone Book of the month
This month’s ABC book:
“Friends to the End for Kids: The True Value of Friendship” by Bradley Trevor Greive uses engaging photos of animals to illustrate how to make friends, keep friends, and the importance of friends.
Goals of lesson:
– To help all students learn how to respect each other and to develop stronger interpersonal skills.
– To have students explore ways to be UPstanders both online and in our face-to-face world.
To reinforce this lesson at home:
– Share some stories about your own friendships.
– Here are some questions you can discuss with your child:
- What do you like most about your friends?
- Do they bring out the best in you?
- Do you bring out the best in them?
- How do you show your friends that you care about them?
- How do your friends handle conflict when it arises?
When you “catch” kids modeling positive behaviors…
Notice, Name it, and Celebrate it!