St. Justin School History
Monsignor Ronald Mentasti founded St. Justin Parish in 1951 with a full parish campus in mind. The first church was actually a stable on the corner of Scott Boulevard and Homestead Road where masses were held every Sunday. The first church building on the present site was erected in 1955, and the remaining parish buildings were completed in 1956. At that time, Archbishop Mitty granted permission for the building of a school, and Monsignor Mentasti began classes in September 1958, under the direction of the Dominican Missionary Sisters from Natal, South Africa. The school was formally dedicated on October 17, 1959, in a ceremony officiated by his Excellency, the Most Revered Merlin Gulfoyle. St. Justin School operated with eight full grades for the first time in 1965 and held its first graduation in June 1966.