In 1957, Archbishop Mitty granted permission for the building of a school, and Monsignor Mentasti began classes in September of 1958, with eight classrooms (first grade only) under the direction of the Dominican Missionary Sisters from Natal, South Africa. The school was formally dedicated in a ceremony officiated by his Excellency, the Most Revered Merlin Gulfoyle, on October 17, 1959. St. Justin operated with eight full grades for the first time in 1965 and held its first graduation in June 1966. Classes at this time numbered a minimum of 50 students and applications continued to filter in.When Monsignor Ronald Mentasti founded St. Justin Parish in 1951, he did so with a full parish plant in mind, including a school. The first church was actually a stable on the corner of Scott Boulevard and Homestead Road where masses were held every Sunday. The first church building on the present site was erected in 1955, and the remainder of the parish buildings was completed in 1956.
Our commitment to quality Catholic education has continued to grow over the last 50 years and we continue to serve students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles from all over Santa Clara Valley. Growth is evidenced through the continuous refurbishing of the school plant with support from the parish, and updating curriculum in Math, Religion, Family Life, and Language Arts (5-8). We have also added a preschool program to meet the needs of parents in the parish and school community.